ForwarderLink provides immediate insurance cover for freight logistics providers, insurance brokers, agents and other freight industry parties.
Through ForwarderLink, you have easy and secure access to online quotes and electronic insurance cover certificates for a wide range of cargo types and voyages on a pay as you go basis.
ForwarderLink is the most efficient way to buy cargo insurance:
- A reliable, easy to use and proven trading platform
- Quick online quotes for approved users
- Complete policy documentation and wordings, including internationally recognised Institute Cargo Clauses
- All policies are backed by 'A' rated security
- Speedy binding of cargo insurance and certificate generation, 24/7
- First class expert claims handling and settlement worldwide
- Available on a pay as you go basis for each individual shipment, unlike most traditional cargo insurance policies
- Integrated accounting and payments system
ForwarderLink helps you to provide an excellent service to your freight customers by eliminating the effort required to arrange separate cargo insurance.
The ForwarderLink facility is provided by Chaucer Syndicates 1084 and China Re, a leading reinsurer in China, and one of the top 10 reinsurance companies in the world.
Important note for issuers of certificates
Please carefully study the complete policy wording including the agreed interest categories and excluded interests (for example Laptop Computers, Cell & Mobile Telephones, Classic Cars, Bulk Goods or non frozen Temperature Controlled Goods). If you require a quote from an underwriters please contact your insurance broker in the first instance. If you issue a certificate for 'Excluded goods' or “Excluded Classes of Business and Coverages” then no insurance cover is in place and the certificate is void. If you are unsure about whether the goods you would like to insure are already pre agreed as per the interest categories or any special projects agreed, please contact your insurance broker for advice. Please note that no cover is in place unless a certificate of marine cargo insurance is correctly issued within the ForwarderLink website in accordance with your policy wording, schedule and any special projects agreed.
To view a full list of excluded goods, please see our Standard Policy