Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the forwarderlink website. By using forwarderlink you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please take time to review these term and conditions carefully.
- Forwarderlink is a website operated by Chaucer Syndicates Limited who are a member of the China Re Group
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained in this website is either owned by Chaucer or has been licensed to Chaucer by the rights owner(s). You are only allowed to use this website and the material contained in the website as set out below. If you wish to do anything else with any of the material you must get the written permission of the rights owner
- This website contains trademarks. All trademarks included on this website belong to Chaucer or have been licensed to Chaucer by the trademark owner(s) for use on this website. You are not allowed to copy or use any of these trademarks in any way. If you wish to do anything else with any of the trademarks you must obtain the written permission of the trademark owner.
What you are allowed to do
- You may access any part of the website to which access is open to all users
- Access to some parts of the website and the Forwarderlink application is only possible by password, for example to obtain a quote for insurance. You may only access these parts of the website if you have a valid password
- You may print off one copy only of any individual page for your own personal use, as long as you do not do any of the things set out under “What you are not allowed to do”; unless it is explicitly designed for that purpose
What you are not allowed to do
- Any purchase of any insurance product(s) available through this website will be subject to these terms and conditions and the relevant policy terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for deciding whether any of our products or services are suitable for your or your client’s purposes. Please read the relevant policy terms and conditions carefully before buying any insurance policy.
- All data information text images and layout are the exclusive property of Chaucer and must not be emailed, networked, shared, republished, reproduced, transferred or copied (other than for reasonable personal professional use e.g. audit trails or backups). All copyright intellectual and other property rights shall continue to be held by Chaucer and no rights of any kind shall pass. Any attempt to damage the site or act in contravention of these Terms and Conditions may give rise to legal redress and Chaucer reserves the right to seek damages from such perpetrator.
Changes to/operation of website
- Chaucer may change the format and content of this website (or of any insurance products or services offered via this website) at any time
- Chaucer may suspend the operation of this website (or suspend provision of any insurance products or services offered via this website) for support or maintenance work, for content updates or for any other reason
- Chaucer reserves the right to stop access to this website (and to products and services offered via the website) at any time and without notice
Purchase of products available through this site
- Policies are underwritten by either Chaucer Syndicates Limited on behalf of Syndicate 1084 at Lloyd's (managed by Chaucer Syndicates Ltd) authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority or by Chaucer Insurance Company DAC, an affiliated Company of Chaucer Syndicates Ltd, regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Chaucer Syndicates Ltd is registered in England no. 00184915, at Plantation Place, Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M.
- Chaucer Insurance Company DAC is registered in Ireland (company registration no. 587682), with its registered office at 38 & 39 Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2, D02 T938.
- All quotations given through this website which are specifically described as ‘indicative quotes’ are intended as an indication only of your likely premium based on the limited information provided. They are not binding quotations. The premium quoted may vary once your full details have been submitted.
- All statements made by you or information given by you to Chaucer Syndicates Ltd (Chaucer) or Chaucer Insurance Company DAC (CIC) are your responsibility. If you fail to disclose any relevant information or provide any inaccurate information, this may invalidate your insurance policy.
- Once you have submitted a proposal for insurance via this website, the proposal will not be accepted (and you will not be insured) until you receive confirmation from Chaucer or CIC. This confirmation may be through the website or by email, telephone or post.
- The decision as to whether to offer you insurance cover is at Chaucer’s or CIC’s discretion and we are not bound to do so. In assessing whether or not to offer insurance cover in response to proposals submitted via this website, Chaucer or CIC will not refuse the proposal only because of automatically processed personal data. If the proposal is rejected by any automated decision making process, then the proposal is referred to people employed by, or on behalf of Chaucer or CIC.
- The above referral process does not apply where a proposal is automatically refused because the type of cover requested is not offered by Chaucer or CIC through the website, for example where the level of cover requested is above the maximum level of cover available through this website. It is based on the restrictions set for the insurance products available through this website, however, this type of automatic refusal is not based solely on automatically processed personal data.
- You may cancel your insurance in accordance with the relevant policy terms and conditions.
- Once insurance has been effected by Chaucer or CIC (including any insurance effected following an update of an existing policy), Chaucer or CIC will promptly confirm with you that this is the case. Chaucer or CIC will also advise you of the relevant insurance premium and any fees or charges which are payable separately.
- Chaucer or CIC will also provide you with a copy of the policy schedule.
- Chaucer or CIC will notify you in writing of any changes to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy and will give reasonable notice for any changes which are due to commence.
- You should keep a copy of all information sent to or received from Chaucer or CIC for your records.
- Chaucer or CIC will try to reply promptly to all correspondence. They may reply by email or in writing.
Changes to these terms
We will use any personal information provided by you via or collected by Forwarderlink in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We and our affiliated companies may use such information for the purpose of insurance underwriting and administration, and it may be disclosed to our affiliated companies, business partners, service providers, brokers and reinsurers for this purpose, and to regulatory bodies for the purposes of enforcing compliance with applicable regulations and crime prevention. It may also be transferred to or processed in any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area. We will require any third party to which we supply personal information to treat it with the same level of protection as we ourselves would apply to it.
If you supply us with personal information concerning another person (including sensitive personal data), you must confirm that they have consented to you providing it to us and to us processing it, and that you have informed the other person of our identity and how we will use their data.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by e-mail. You may also request a copy of all personal information that we hold about you. Please contact the Data Protection Officer using DataProtectionOfficer@chaucerplc.com.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Forwarderlink. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Forwarderlink when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way Forwarderlink works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Forwarderlink. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the settings on your browser that allow you to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Forwarderlink. All cookies expire once the Browser is closed.
You may use Forwarderlink only for lawful purposes. You may not use Forwarderlink:
In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Forwarderlink site; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Forwarderlink site;
- any equipment or network on which Forwarderlink is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Forwarderlink; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Changes to Forwarderlink
We may update Forwarderlink from time to time, and may change the content or services provided at any time. However, please note that any of the content on Forwarderlink may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that Forwarderlink, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Forwarderlink is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that Forwarderlink, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to Forwarderlink is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Forwarderlink without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason Forwarderlink is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Forwarderlink, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on Forwarderlink, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on Forwarderlink is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Forwarderlink or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, Forwarderlink; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on Forwarderlink.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Forwarderlink or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of any websites linked on Forwarderlink. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that Forwarderlink will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access Forwarderlink. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Forwarderlink by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Forwarderlink, the server on which Forwarderlink is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Forwarderlink. You must not attack Forwarderlink via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Forwarderlink will cease immediately.
Linking to Forwarderlink
You may link to the Forwarderlink home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to Forwarderlink in any website that is not owned by you.
Forwarderlink must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Forwarderlink other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in the Acceptable Use clause above.
Third party links and resources in Forwarderlink
Where Forwarderlink contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Information about us
Forwarderlink is a site operated by Chaucer Syndicates Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 184915 and have our registered office and main trading address at Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 3AD. We are regulated by the UK Prudential Regulatory Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
Chaucer Syndicates Limited are a member of the China Re Group.
Chaucer Syndicates Limited
30 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3AD