1. You, the claimant, should follow the instructions under the "Important Notice" section of the Certificate of Marine Cargo Insurance. Failure to follow instructions may result in delay to claims settlement or the possibility of the claim being declined.
2. Claims are handled on behalf of the Underwriters by Crawford & Co and their appropriate office (as stated upon your certificate of marine cargo insurance) should be notified immediately of any claim.
3. To enable claims to be dealt with promptly, the Assured or their Agents are advised to submit all available supporting documents without delay to Crawford & Co or the surveyor if appointed by Crawford & Co. The surveyor is an independent person instructed to ascertain nature, cause and extent of loss and has no authority to make any promise of payment for or on behalf of Underwriters.
4. You are reminded of your obligation to give immediate notice to carriers in the event of loss or damage and to confirm that in writing as soon as possible.
5. Sight of the following documents will be requested, where appropriate, by Crawford & Co:
- Original Certificate of Marine Cargo Insurance
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Bill of Lading / Air Waybill / Consignment Note (both sides)
- Signed delivery receipt
- Copies of letter(s) notifying carriers of the claim and holding them responsible
- Carrier's replies if available
6. The instructions of Crawford & Co or their appointed surveyors take precedence over written instructions here. Failure to follow their instructions may result in delays or possibly refusal of a claim.
7. Please keep full written records of all correspondence or conversations in relation to the claim.
Claims contact details
For claims in USA, Central America and South America contact
ForwarderLink Claims c/o Crawford & Co.
Suite 203C600 Reed Road
T +1 844 869 2535 (24h helpline)
F +1 866 286 3711
For claims in all other countries please contact
T +44 (0) 161 674 0050 (24h helpline)
F +44 (0) 161 476 8840